Cloud Based Digital Publishing Platforms are Changing the Game for K-12 Publishers
December 9th, 2016
Cloud computing is steadily progressing towards being an essential part of K-12 education. This trend fosters new-age skills by using technology in the most innovative ways. New ways of imparting education such as mobile learning, BYOD (bring your own device) policy, open content, learning analytics, virtual or remote laboratories, etc., are responsible for an improved and global learning experience. These innovations have triggered K-12 publishers to usher in the flexibility of cloud-based digital publishing that allows students to access study materials, assignments, reading, etc., all by connecting to the cloud. However, being a K-12 publisher, what may bother you is the struggle to deliver digital version of books across different digital learning platforms.
You might be stuck in the loop of having to sell books to schools besides offering appropriate packaging of the required sets. This requires, time, cost, labour, and logistics. With the huge revolution in content publishing, finding a solution to such a problem is only a matter of time.
Today, with the advancement of technology, you can rely on the various successful cloud-based digital publishing platforms. These platforms are designed keeping your benefits in mind. The digital publishing platforms offer remarkable benefits wherein you are able:
- To engage in one-click publishing
- To create interactive eBooks
- To instantly convert Word Document, PPT, and PDFs into ePub3 format
- To connect with your target audience across different devices such as tablets, smartphones, Chromebook, or PCs.
- To add annotations to your eBooks in the offline mode and to automate sync when online
- To discontinue creating separate eBooks for each platform as this type of publishing supports reading on various operating platforms such as iPhone/iPad, Android, Windows, HTML5, etc.
- To integrate your existing eStore or LMS with such digital publishing platforms
- To deliver your digital books through a personalized reader app
Among various digital publishing platforms, MagicBoxTM offers an end-to-end solution that enables you to repurpose content and deliver branded, white-labelled digital content through mobile and web apps. This cloud-based digital publishing platform supports you to easily create digital content, deliver the same to the audience, and track learner performance. MagicBoxTM allows you to analyse each click made by a user, track performance and take right business decisions while channelizing your investments after knowing what sells best.
By signing up for such a new-age technology, you can reap the following benefits:
- Lower budget as it does not involve printing or distribution costs
- No loss from the books unsold
- Speedy process of distribution on a global scale
- Readers can access content anytime, anywhere, increasing your reach
- Get the engagement performance and content metrics in a few clicks
- Get the analytical data of the number of purchases and which media sells more
The concept of going green is making environment-friendly, digital mode of reading popular among readers. By taking this new shift in your stride, it is time to engage in cloud-based digital publishing. It is a hot topic as far as the publishing industry is concerned with big names, such as Google, Apple, and Amazon, joining in as retails partners. One may say that the publishing industry is getting into a fresh phase of resurgence.