Content Distribution Platforms – How MagicBox Leads the Way
As e-Learning has proliferated as a medium of instruction in the K-12 space, content distribution platforms have mushroomed in plenty. But the challenge lies in getting the right content to reach the right audience. An effective content distribution platform like MagicBox resolves this problem while generating ROI for publishers.
Content distribution refers to different strategies employed for disseminating content to a large and targeted audience. This is achieved through three main platforms – paid, owned, and earned media.
Paid media refers to those channels that brands pay for in order to widen the reach of their content. This category is most useful when building a new brand’s presence on platforms that people are already using. Some examples of paid media include social media advertising, and pay-per-click.
Owned media is completely owned by the organization in question and includes social media channels, websites, and blogs. These can be used to publish core content since it isn’t subject to changing rules as is the case with some social media platforms that can have a potentially detrimental effect on content owners.
Earned media refers to word-of-mouth recommendations, shares, reposts, reviews, etc. This is a powerful way to build trust and credibility since these are earned through prior marketing and other efforts.
While digital publishers have several options at their disposal, an effective strategy brings these three elements – owned, paid, and earned media – together. To craft a successful content distribution strategy, education publishers must essentially evaluate how each might be suitable for them and then allocate resources in an efficient manner.
Read our article on importance of an end-to-end content distribution platform: https://www.getmagicbox.com/importance-customized-end-end-digital-distribution-platforms/
How MagicBox fares versus other content distribution platforms
- Compatibility: There are several content distribution platforms that are not compatible with all browsers and operating systems, which severely restricts their usability. MagicBox, apart from being compatible with several devices (iOS, Android, Mac, Chromebook, and Windows), also facilitates the one-click conversion of PDFs and PPTs into IDPF compliant ePub3. By offering an interactive content platform with responsive technologies, MagicBox wins when it comes to compatibility.
- Digital Rights Management (DRM): Digital rights management (DRM) is a structured approach towards protecting copyrights for digital media. DRM is important for preventing unauthorized redistribution of digital media and restricting copying of purchased content by customers. It does so by making it impossible to steal content as a first step, which makes for a more efficient approach to the problem of piracy than unstructured hit-and-miss strategies aimed at apprehending online poachers. By incorporating a strict DRM approach, MagicBox gains an upper hand over other content distribution platforms.
- Online/Offline e-Reader: Since we spend so much of our time hooked onto our devices, reading content on them is a form of convenience that we take for granted. For quite some time, a fast internet connection served as the cornerstone of using our devices for browsing, reading, and other activities. But this doesn’t entirely hold true any longer. With an increasing number of ways to transfer & read content offline, unreliable data connections are less bothersome, especially when it comes to reading in an e-Learning context. With the offline e-Reader feature offered by MagicBox, it’s easy to access content offline as well as online – a feature that’s not offered by every content distribution platform.
- White-labelled Platform: Content distribution is an aggressive and effective way to achieve maximum reach and value for your content. With time, it will be difficult to effectively engage learners with content as offerings become standardized and identical, easily available on multiple portals. MagicBox not just identifies and targets your audience but also generates original, engaging content by leveraging the expertise of its content professionals, thus adding significant value to your e-Learning modules. MagicBox works on an effective approach that for enticing prospects, attracting the attention of influencers, delivering more traffic, and reaching higher ranking for your pages.
- Learning Analytics: A lot of content distribution platforms don’t provide essential learning analytics to students and teachers, which limits their role to simple distribution. Learning analytics, however, is especially important to transfer power into the hands of the stakeholders & subject matter experts—workers, owners, and executives—who are responsible for successful service delivery. MagicBox comes with an essential e-Learning feature that allows educators to anticipate trends; prioritize resources; deliver automation & self-service; drive towards continual service improvement, and align services with overall business goals.
Ultimately, your content distribution strategy rests on the three main platforms – owned, paid, and earned – and needs a careful analysis of the investment of resources. The future of content distribution rests in an optimal mix of these three to maximize results. With an omnichannel approach, you achieve a holistic understanding of your audience’s behavior, your brand’s reach, and retention.
Organizations that want to remain competitive in an e-Learning setting cannot do so without a good content distribution strategy. The key is to experiment with different distribution tools until you determine what works best for you. MagicBox, with its several competitive advantages, is the perfect partner and tool in the hands of content distributors looking to achieve superior outcomes.